Rebate Eligibility and Rules
Over 30% of indoor residential water use can occur as a result of flushing the toilet. To help water customers reduce water use, the City of Tamarac offers this extraordinary program aimed at encouraging customers to replace their high water use toilets with new Ultra-Low Flow toilets. This year, replacement toilets must be approved by the EPA’s Water Sense Program, which ensures that toilets meet high performance standards.
The City of Tamarac Public Services Department is offering rebates on ultra-low flow labeled (1.28 gallon/flush or lower) Water Sense labeled toilets. In order to qualify for the rebate:
- Must be a home/condo owner and customer of the City of Tamarac water system.
- Must complete this application.
- Application must be approved prior to purchase of toilet.
- Not retroactive, not available for new construction.
- Residents are required to obtain a building permit; however, all fees have been waived.
- Condo units are eligible for the toilet rebate: however, a plumber must pull the permit, not the resident.
- Receive up to $150 towards the price of each Water Sense certified Ultra-Low Flow (ULF) toilets (maximum of two). Rebate will not exceed the cost of the fixture.
- The homeowner or association bears responsibility for fixture installation.
- Residents must submit a copy of the invoice in order to receive the rebate.
- Residents will receive a check for the amount of the rebate.
- Funds are limited, offered on a first come, first served basis.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for your rebate.
- Maximum of two (2) toilets per household.
- To ensure funds are available for your rebate, call (954) 597-3750 before replacing toilets.
What Are Water Sense Labeled Toilets?
Recent advancements have allowed toilets to use 20 percent less water than the current federal standard, while still providing equal or superior performance. The Water Sense label is used on toilets that are independently certified to meet rigorous criteria for both performance and efficiency. Only toilets that complete the third-party certification process can earn the Water Sense label.
How Much Can Water Sense Labeled Toilets Save?
Over the course of your lifetime, you will likely flush the toilet nearly 140,000 times. If you replace older, existing toilets with Water Sense labeled products, you can save 4,000 gallons per year with this simpler, greener choice.